[Fedora-packaging] Mention %{_sharedstatedir} difference on RPMMacros for EPEL

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Feb 9 13:20:44 UTC 2010

On 02/09/2010 12:58 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> Hiyas,
>
> I noticed that the RPMMacros page does not mention that
> %{_sharestatedir} expands to %{_prefix}/com on CentOS
This would be "simply plain wrong".

The GNU Standards define it as:

sharedstatedir'
      The directory for installing architecture-independent data files
      which the programs modify while they run.

On Fedora it evaluates to /var/lib, which is a meaningful setting.

%{_prefix}/com matches to the default the GNU Standards describe, but in
a distro's constext, this would seem to be "simply plain wrong" to me ==
I consider the setting on CentOS to be a bug.

Ralf