[Fedora-packaging] Mention %{_sharedstatedir} difference on RPMMacros for EPEL

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Feb 14 13:44:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:16:57AM -0500, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> One thing I noticed from reading your draft is that we mention
> %{_buildrootdir} but don't mention %{buildroot}.  The latter is used much
> more than the former.  Should we add this and mention that packagers might
> be looking for this instead of %{_buildrootdir) anyway?

%{buildroot} probably fits best in the "Other macros" section, because
it is a macro to be used inside the spec. Bug the %{_buildrootdir}
macros like the other RPM directory macros is afaik supposed to be used
only with rpmbuild --define to change the behaviour of rpmbuild.

I have updated the draft to address this, but now it is getting ugly to
only merge some changes.

I also changed some other issues and mentioned two, that I did not yet
address: %{optflags} does not match the real expanded value and it is
imho bad to have two macros for the same path, e.g. %{_usr} and
%{_prefix}.

Regards
Till