[Fedora-packaging] Inaccurate information about LiVES package

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Jun 1 20:54:15 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, 01 June 2010 at 17:11, salsaman wrote:
> Please answer the question. I have been personally assured by
> representatives of the mplayer developers that the ffmpeg code contains *no
> patented code*. I spent over two years fighting to convince the debian
> developers that this was true, until they finally accepted it.

As far as I know (and I know many of them personally), none of MPlayer
developers are lawyers, so even if one of them said that (which I seriously
doubt), it doesn't "clear" anything. In other words, please tell us what
was the exact question that you asked, what was the answer, and who provided
it? Preferably by pointing to a post from a public mailing list.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."