[Fedora-packaging] cannot find -lsupc++ devel i686

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Fri Jun 4 12:42:15 UTC 2010

On 06/04/2010 12:27 PM, philippe makowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there someone to explain me why I get this error message for i686
> build in devel
>
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsupc++
>
> I did not get it in F-13, neither in local mockbuild x86_64
>
> What am I missing ?

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but you could try to link it against
the (dynamic) libstdc++ library instead. Static libsupc++ is just a
subset of libstdc++, containing only the C++ runtime without the
standard C++ library.

If it's firebird you are talking about, then patching
builds/posix/make.defaults should be enough to get rid of the static lib
dep:
-STATIC_CXXSUPPORT_LIB = -lsupc++ -lgcc_eh
+STATIC_CXXSUPPORT_LIB = -lstdc++

However, if you choose to change it like that please do some runtime
tests to make sure it doesn't break anything.

--
Kalev