[Fedora-packaging] Arch-specific Requires

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jun 20 22:01:58 UTC 2010

On Saturday 19 June 2010, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 15:04 -0500, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> > I've put up this draft:
> >         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ArchSpecificRequir
> >         es
> >
> > Comments welcome.
>
> Well, this generated no comments.  That, of course, must mean that the
> proposal is perfect.

1) "A non-noarch subpackage's dependency on its main package"

s/on its main package/on its main package or another subpackage/

2) https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Requiring_Base_Package
I suggest tweaking the examples to include the (epoch and) version and release
for consistency with the above.

3)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Renaming.2Freplacing_existing_packages
Because Provides are not ISA qualified by default, both ISA qualified and non-
qualified Provides should be added where applicable and appropriate when
replacing or splitting packages in order to not break dependencies.  I suggest
noting this both in this draft and the above NamingGuidelines entry.