[Fedora-packaging] Packaging kernel modules

Nguyen Kim Son nguyenkims at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 09:10:02 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'd like to package a kernel module for my company repository ( I know that
fedora doesn't accept kernel module for official repo). I have followed the
link
http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2
But when I build the spec file, there are always some errors like:
*kernel-devel-uname-r = 2.6.32.14-127.fc12.i686.PAEdebug.PAE is needed by
mymodule-kmod-0.0-1{?dist}.1.src*
that I don't have any idea about.

Actually, I don't really understand this mechanism: if for example, I want
to install foo on my machine with kernel 2.6.32.14 but there is only
kmod-foo-2.6.32.12, does yum take this package automatically? Or do I need
to make a package for kernel 2.6.32.14? What kmod does exactly?

Thank you in advance,
Son.

Son NGUYEN KIM
Antibes 06600