[Fedora-packaging] Help with rpath issue

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Tue Jun 22 06:34:20 UTC 2010

On 06/22/2010 08:36 AM, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> So it is highly possible that if the upstream does not use Fedora (i.e. does not
> use patched libtool) rpath /usr/lib64 appears on Fedora.

Does anybody know why that patch [1] hasn't made it into upstream
libtool? It looks pretty unobtrusive to me.

It's pretty silly to have to use sed magic for almost every library
which bundles libtool, when all it really takes is for upstream to pick
up a small patch and wait until it has propagated to other distros.

[1]
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/libtool/devel/libtool-2.2.6a-rpath.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup

--
Kalev