[Fedora-packaging] openssl-0.9.8m rpm build errors

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 03:30:09 UTC 2010

On 6 March 2010 15:50, thirumalai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried to build openssl-0.9.8m, i got some errors while applying
> the patch. I found many .patch files in rpmbuild/SOURCES/ directory
> after installing openssl-0.8.8k-5. what are the suitable .patch files
> for openssl-0.9.8m? How to build penssl-0.9.8m binary and source rpm from
> openssl-0.8.8k-5 source rpm? or Is there any source rpm for penssl-0.9.8m?

[..]

These queries are sort of irrelevant here, still I will throw my
suggestions if they help:

* In case you want to check if any builds are still available check koji[1]
* I could not find any builds available there for 0.9.8m
* So, in case you really need(for whatever purpose) 0.9.8m (which is
not latest available or was never build) you select of one previous
release available srpm is ok (In case 0.9.8k is previous version).
* You will need to adjust patches yourself based on 1) whether they
are needed 2) Whether they are already included upstream 3) Any new
patches for new needs specific to m version.

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

--