[Fedora-packaging] port opening and PATH modification in rpm spec file

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Mar 26 14:15:39 UTC 2010

MGandra at diskeeper.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can you explain little bit more on what to write in script in
> etc/profiles.d? I also want to update environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> how to do that.
>
> This is my first time on linux in my whole life.

this is an example for sh/bash. in your kindness you should also adapt
it for ksh / csh

#! /bin/bash

export PATH=$PATH:/my/new/folder/
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/new/path/to/be/added/to/this/variable

    Mind that adding a global LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not at all a good idea
(it might interfere with other existing applications) so you'd better
just provide a script, available in the normal path of the users, which
would set this variable only when needed and for the period of time that
is needed.

    Manuel