[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting - Wednesday May 12, 16:00 UTC

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon May 10 18:14:33 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 01:46 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
>> If there is something else that you feel should be on the agenda for
>> this meeting, please feel free to let us know.
>
> I'd like FPC to decide and clearly state their Official(tm) opinion on
> FESCo review of approved guidelines; it came up again in the thread-of-doom,
> with claims both that FPC-as-a-whole wanted FESCo to review, and that they
> *didn't* want FESCo review.

Well, I want FESCo review. If the FPC disagrees with me and wants to
vote on it, I'd be happy to let them. I think the fact that things have
passed FPC, only to be reviewed by FESCo and found wanting (which then
went back to FPC for revision and eventual acceptance) means that the
procedure works, even if it is rare that FESCo find anything at issue
with the FPC proposals.

~spot