[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting - Wednesday May 12, 16:00 UTC

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Tue May 11 13:20:26 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 05:16 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 02:14:33PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:

>>> I'd like FPC to decide and clearly state their Official(tm) opinion on
>>> FESCo review of approved guidelines; it came up again in the thread-of-doom,
>>> with claims both that FPC-as-a-whole wanted FESCo to review, and that they
>>> *didn't* want FESCo review.
>>>
>> Well, I want FESCo review. If the FPC disagrees with me and wants to
>> vote on it, I'd be happy to let them. I think the fact that things have
>> passed FPC, only to be reviewed by FESCo and found wanting (which then
>> went back to FPC for revision and eventual acceptance) means that the
>> procedure works, even if it is rare that FESCo find anything at issue
>> with the FPC proposals.
>>

> I'd like FESCo to have the right of appeal but not necessarily review.
> If I just link to my previous writeup, will other FPC members be good enough
> to read it?
>    https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/358#comment:8

Good food for thought, I will certainly mull this over the next 27 hours.

One thing this highlighted for me, and maybe it's something I missed,
being the FPC NKOTB, but it never occurred to me that FPC members could
attend FESCO meetings.  I see the notifications, I just never put 2 and
2 together. <facepalm>

In any event, thanks for writing this up, it gives us a good place to
debate from and, I hope, will lead to a more efficient process without
sacrificing quality.

-J