[Fedora-packaging] Packaging ada libraries

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Nov 10 21:09:18 UTC 2010

I'm thinking perhaps it is time to come up with a standard for how ada
libraries are installed.  I don't know much about ada, but I package plplot
which has an ada interface.  ada uses a couple different types of files: adb,
ads, ali, and perhaps .gpr and .lgpr for gnat.

Example location from GtkAda-devel:

I don't know about the difference between relocatable and static.

So this may be simple, but perhaps:

is sufficient.

plplot-ada-devel currently puts files in:

Not sure where they got that directory structure from.

plplot does not produce .gpr or .lgpr files.  Not sure if this should be
enforced or how they are produced.

Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com