[Fedora-packaging] Packaging-related changes in GNOME

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 21:40:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:41:53PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 13:37 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > #2 was passed yesterday by FPC based on a combination of your messade to
> > devel list and rhughes message here.  I need to write it into draft form
> > before handing it over to fesco.
>
> Toshio, has that ever happened ? I can't find anything gsettings-related
> in ScriptletSnippets on the wiki.
>
> > If you could write up #1 and #3 in draft form (basically, something that we
> > can drop in verbatim into the ScriptletSnippets page) that would help out
> > a lot as I'm able to keep up otherwise.
>
> Let me give it a try now:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mclasen/giomodules
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mclasen/gdkpixbufloaders
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mclasen/gtkmodules

Apologies, I got really busy and put the ticket up for others to take but no
one did.  Your pages are much nicer than what I could have come up with
though :-)

The one thing that I notice in them is the Requires(post)/Requires(postun)
section.  If I'm reading how those scripts work correctly we shouldn't need
those as long as 1) glib2, gdk-pixbuf2, and gtk3 also invoke those helper
programs in their scriptlets and 2) the modules and loaders generate an
automatic dependency on glib2, gtk3, or gdk-pixbuf2.

For GSettings, I don't have the information to write up a nice paragraph
like you did for the other three.  Would you be willing to finish this page?
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSettings_Draft

I've added all of the pages to the ticket:
https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/3

the next FPC meeting is tomorrow morning 16:00 UTC.  If we get updates on
the things here, I think these will pass pretty quickly.