[Fedora-packaging] AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering doesn't work

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 30 12:56:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:27:32 +0200
Kalev Lember wrote:

> On 11/30/2010 02:14 PM, Thomas Spura wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm using AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering [1] to filter out *.so
> > libs in %{python_sitearch}. Unfortunately, rpm can't detect the
> > correct requires anymore with that macro, so I didn't use this
> > anymore, and let the 'wrong' provides and requires propagate for
> > now untill a new solution is found.
>
> RPM is filtering out the requires because you are telling it [1] to
> do so:
>
> 6 %{?filter_setup:
> 7 %filter_provides_in %{python_sitearch}/.*\.so*
> 8 %filter_requires_in %{python_sitearch}/.*\.so*
> 9 %filter_setup
> 10 }
>
> Just remove the %filter_requires_in line and you should get what you
> were expecting.
>
> [1]
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=python-visual.git;a=blob;f=python-visual.spec;h=faaabf7b0413ae2b1252784c9f852dd689f27865;hb=ac63a0857919bc63d18da4c755500402ba4c2a17#l8

I do %filter_requires_in because of:
rpm -i x86_64/python-visual-5.40-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
	cvisualmodule.so.3()(64bit) is needed by
python-visual-5.40-1.fc13.x86_64

With %filter_provides_in I strip the cvisualmodule.so out, but this is
still required, when leaving requires_in out. So I'm forced to do
either both, or nothing...

What excactly should %filter_requires_in do? I expect it to filter the
*.so files, which are coming from %{python_sitearch}/.*\.so*, but not
the requires that those *.so files have to other system libs.

Currently %filter_requires_in leaves out the cvisualmodule.so AND the
system libs, but I need the system libs as requires...

Thanks,
  Thomas