[Fedora-packaging] How to configure a yum repo conf for installing from a local DVD?

Myself sherry151 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 18:00:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Philip Prindeville
<philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to come up with a file to plop in /etc/yum.repos.d/*.conf that will allow me to do:
>
> % yum --enablerepos=fedora-dvd install a b c
>
> from a DVD as my repository.  I need to do this in a scenario where I don't have internet connectivity.

If you do not have internet connectivity, then it might be difficult
to resolve dependencies. Considering that all dependencies of the
packages you want to install are present on the DVD, you can cd to the
media and use a 'yum localinstall a b c' . This will resolve
dependencies and will install them.

--
Regards
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury