[Fedora-packaging] Macro %{optflags}

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 13:49:20 UTC 2010

2010/9/15 Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de>:
> On 09/15/2010 05:02 PM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does Makefile flags from the tarball overrides %{optflags} ?
>
> This question can't be answered.
>
> %{optflags} and Makefiles actually are entirely unrelated.
>
> How to communicate %{optflags} to Makefiles can vary largely between
> rpm.specs and is part of the job package maintainers are supposed to take
> care of.
>
> Ralf

Well I am really newbie packaging,

As rpm command:
rpm --eval "%{optflags}"
-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i686
-mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables

but Makefile contains:

CXXFLAGS=-ansi  -Wall -Wno-deprecated

So, what of these flags are commited?

Sorry if my question is somewhat dumb :)

Sergio Belkin http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -