[Fedora-packaging] Macro %{optflags}

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at fysast.uu.se
Sat Sep 18 14:56:18 UTC 2010

fre 2010-09-17 klockan 12:05 -0300 skrev Sergio Belkin:

> I could see that by the output. As a matter of fact, I'd want to use
> Makefile flags because optflags use things like "-mtune" ... for
> example I'm building on a netbook and I don't like that it makes atom
> optimizations... doesn't it make sense, does it?
>
> TIA

$ setarch i686 rpm -E %optflags
-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables

Using -mtune=atom is the correct flag when building ix86 rpms for the
most recent Fedora releases. The optflags are by design the same on any
ix86 installation - they do not change depending on what hardware is
present on the build machine. That you are building on a netbook does
not influence what %optflags is expanded into.

	Mattias