[Fedora-packaging] Systemd scriptlet comments

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Aug 1 17:34:18 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 10:02 PM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Some comments on systemd scriptlets at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Systemd

Maybe I've missed some important thread or maybe I'm only a bit tired,
but I don't get the following piece of snippet in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Systemd:

%triggerun -- httpd < 1.0-2
# Save the current service runlevel info
# User must manually run systemd-sysv-convert --apply httpd
# to migrate them to systemd targets
/usr/bin/systemd-sysv-convert --save httpd >/dev/null 2>&1 ||:

Why can a user finish the migrating process *only manually*? Why
"systemd-sysv-convert --apply httpd" cannot be run automatically after
installation?

Honza

    * English - detected
    * Czech