[Fedora-packaging] rpmlint file-size-mismatch and github source URLs

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:23:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 08:45:20AM -0400, James Laska wrote:
> > < Location:
> > https://raw.github.com/dougsland/nagios-plugins-rhev/master/nagios-plugins-rhev-1.0.0.tar.gz

Side comment to your main issue: How is this tarball being generated?  I see
in the review request that the md5sum of the file at that URL has changed
over time.  If it's just the upstream not officially releasing this tarball
until the Fedora RPM is out and therefore making changes to the tarball to
address review criteria it's not standard practice but okay.  If the tarball
is going to continue to evolve with this same name after the Fedora RPM is
reviewed, then it's probably better to generate a git snapshot.

The aim is to make things reproducible.  If we can't count on getting the
same tarball once the rpm is built, we'd rather have instructions on making
a snapshot that has a revision id that we can count on pulling to get the
same set of files at a later date.

Thanks for the conscientious review!