[Fedora-packaging] .desktop and permissions for using usb?

Erik Blankinship erikb at mediamods.com
Sun Dec 4 20:07:02 UTC 2011

Could someone please point me to where/how to grant my python application,
installed with a .desktop file into gnome, permission to talk to certain
devices on USB?

When I run the application from the command line with sudo, usb
communication works, but when I run from the gnome application menu, no
luck.

What is the best practice for granting these types of permissions when an
application is installed and launched with a .desktop file?

Thanks