[Fedora-packaging] python-2.6 on el5

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 13 23:05:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> On 12/07/2011 04:09 PM, Thomas Spura wrote:

>> Would it be ok, to use it and provide a python26-zmq or is an extra
>> review request needed for that?
>> Couldn't find any guideline, that forbits it, but there doesn't seem
>> to be any naming guideline for el, isn't it?
>>
> I am not sure that I have understood your question, so take the rest of
> my answer with a bit of salt
> python26 is in EPEL for quite some time. I see no reason to not make use
> of it in your package.

Sorry, maybe I could have been more concrete too...

It "looks" like a problem, when a python-foo package provides a
python26-foo package (what we actually do with python3 in Fedora too).
I just wasn't sure if it _is_ a problem too (but didn't think so ;))

Now that nobody sees this as a no-go, I'll go ahead and build it like
proposed in other mails.

For those who want to look over it, here it is:

Thanks for all the feedback.
   Tom