[Fedora-packaging] python-2.6 on el5

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 14 11:13:12 UTC 2011

2011/12/14 Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny at gmail.com>:
> 2011/12/14 Thomas Spura <tomspur at fedoraproject.org>:
>> For those who want to look over it, here it is:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3583429
>
> Two observations:
>
> (1) the python26-zmq package provides a bunch of so's that are
> python-only and thus should be filtered out:
>
> constants.so()(64bit)
> context.so()(64bit)
> device.so()(64bit)
> error.so()(64bit)
> initthreads.so()(64bit)
> message.so()(64bit)
> monitoredqueue.so()(64bit)
> poll.so()(64bit)
> rebuffer.so()(64bit)
> socket.so()(64bit)
> stopwatch.so()(64bit)
> version.so()(64bit)

I'm unsure, how to do that the el5 way, without completely disabling
the internaldependency generator. [1]
Python filtering is quite different than the perl example [2]

Does anyone know an example package, that does filtering on el5?
e.g. python-pyblock has python only provides too, but they don't fix
it at all...

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/rpm-list/2005-August/msg00034.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Perl_Provides_and_Requires_Filtering

> (2) the python26-zmq-tests package has no real requirements, neither
> directly nor indirectly on python26-zmq or python26, this should also
> be fixed.

Just pushed a fix to the other branches, so this will be fixed, when
the requres will be fixed.

Thanks!
   Tom