[Fedora-packaging] Fwd: Re: (re)introducing - fedora-review - tool to help with package reviews

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:58:41 UTC 2011

On 11/21/2011 02:14 PM, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> Hello fellow devs,
>
> I am sure quite a few of you have done some reviews and thought "Hey,
> a,b,c and d could be automated. For E I could use some more
> information that can be automatically gathered". Some of you even
> wrote your own tools to do some of these things.

Hi Stan,

great idea. Will try to use this prior to any forthcoming reviews.

I find the most time consuming task in the review process is the license
check. I use a combination of find/head/grep commands to try and
determine if some of the source files have differing licenses to the
stated one in the spec. None of my methods guarantee 100% license
detection, given the sheer number of licenses out there, although if we
could consolidate all of the methods reviewers use for this we would
have a nifty tool indeed.

Not sure if this is something which should be part of this package or
another entirely?

regards,

Brendan