[Fedora-packaging] HTML format preferred over INFO documents

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 15:53:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:47:33 +0100, Thomas Spura wrote:
> Why not just build all documentation available in the upstream tarball
> and include them?
> What's available, will be packed, and what not, not manually generated.
> I think, it should be the choice of upstream.

Upstream provides `.texi'.  You can generate many formats you like.

By default upstream generates only `.info' files which are the only preferred
ones by the GNU project.  It is an idea this GNU project preference may not
match the Fedora users preference.

(We talk about format of the documentation.  Various different manuals in each
package - such as gdb.info vs. gdbint.info in the gdb package - are not
a subject of this discussion.)

Thanks,
Jan