[Fedora-packaging] Systemd scriptlet comments

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jul 26 18:57:48 UTC 2011

On 07/26/2011 08:41 PM, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> For now I've only thought about it more than a bit, and tested with
> various modified versions of the vdradmin-am package.  I'll do some more
> tests this week and document and publish the results.  Hopefully I'll
> manage to get enough done because starting from next week I won't have
> much time at all for that for a couple of weeks.

Before starting more work on this, does this test set sound as one that
has enough coverage, and are there any differing opinions on the
expected outcomes?  ("bootup state [not] saved" means whether it is
written by systemd-sysv-convert in /var/lib/systemd/sysv-convert/database.)

1) pkg(sysv) -> pkg(systemd) upgrade

Expected outcome: sysv init script and symlinks removed, bootup state
saved, service loaded from systemd unit, restarted if it was running.

2) pkg(systemd) -> pkg(systemd) upgrade, no sysv stuff present

Expected outcome: smooth usual package upgrade (no unusual errors),
bootup state not saved, service loaded from systemd unit, restarted if
it was running.

3) pkg(sysv) -> pkg(systemd) + pkg-sysv(sysv) upgrade

Expected outcome: sysv init script and possible symlinks installed,
bootup state saved, service loaded from systemd unit, restarted if it
was running.

4) pkg(sysv) + pkg-sysv(sysv) (init script co-ownership) ->
pkg(systemd) upgrade

Expected outcome: pkg(systemd) and pkg-sysv(sysv) installed, sysv
symlinks removed but init script in place, bootup state saved, service
loaded from systemd unit, restarted if it was running.

5) pkg(systemd) -> pkg(systemd) upgrade while local non-packaged sysv
init script installed

Expected outcome: all sysv stuff intact, bootup state not saved, service
loaded from systemd unit, restarted if it was running.

6) pkg(systemd) initial install, no sysv stuff present

Expected outcome: bootup state not saved, service loaded from systemd
unit, no errors.

7) pkg(systemd) initial install while local non-packaged sysv init
script installed

Expected outcome: all sysv stuff intact, bootup state not saved, service
loaded from systemd unit.