[Fedora-packaging] pre-compiled binaries in SRPM/source tarball

jan.klepek jan.klepek at brandforge.sk
Thu Mar 10 11:09:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 11:02 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Mer 9 mars 2011 22:38, jan.klepek a écrit :
> >
> > On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 16:27 -0500, Tom Callaway wrote:
> >> remaking a tarball is generally only required if it includes items
> >> that
> >>

> > Ok, so exe file in source tarball could stay (as it is not used by build
> > and it is just silently ignored and not used in final rpm).
>
> The intent of removing the files in %prep is to make sure it's not used one
> way or the other during the rpm build process

Yes, I understand why it should be removed during %prep, however in my
case %build is empty and %install consists of several copy commands and
desktop file install.
So I don't remove such file during %prep as I see it as useless as there
is guarantee that it is not used anyhow during %build/%install. And my
question was rather if such file could be present in source tarball from
upstream/repository, I'm not arguing about removal of such files during
%prep.

Jan