[Fedora-packaging] Fwd: systemd guidelines update

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:30:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:38:27AM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On 03/14/2011 08:34 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/Systemd_Revised_Draft
>
> At start of that document:
>
> | Each package that contains software that wants/needs to start a
> | service at boot must have a systemd unit file.
>
> ...and later:
>
> | At the moment, these Fedora Guidelines are only for new services.
>
> So does that mean that all packages that want to start a service at boot
> need to have a systemd unit file, or only new packages need to have it?

We'll need to update the top portion to match the bottom portion until we
get the migration portion of the guidelines.

Note that the intention would be that packages already in the distro will be
migrated as time goes on rather than we must immediately make the switch...
Depending on how close we get to F15 release, we might want to be more
formal about when we need to switch over.