[Fedora-packaging] Changing default paths for mono packages

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue May 31 15:44:09 UTC 2011

CK> I have discussed this topic with upstream again, and there was an
CK> agreement that mono assemblies are treated as platform independent
CK> and so the original reason to change the paths is not valid anymore.

Then we should move them to /usr/share.

The point was that hardcoding /usr/lib is always wrong.  If they're arch
dependent, they should be in %{_libdir}.  If not, /usr/share.  So we
asked which it was and got the current answer.  If the answer is
different, then we have another change to make but currently what
upstream does isn't right in either case.

And, yes, python is still wrong in using /usr/lib the way it does.  I'd
hope that we could fix that with python3 but somehow that didn't work

 - J<