[Fedora-packaging] Wed Nov 16 Packaging Committee Meeting is cancelled

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Nov 15 20:16:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:25:18 -0500
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> ...so this seems it's all up in the air, right? Is there any reason we
> can't/shouldn't wait for next week, given that it isn't approved?

Well, looking at it sooner rather than later might be nice for the
feature owners. I asked them to not do anything until things are all
set for scope.

> > notting voted on the fesco ticket in such a way that it's unclear
> > whether he was +1 or -1 to the feature as written.
>
>  Would it pass with +5/-4 ?

Yes. FESCo uses simple majority.

> > If notting can reply before the FPC meeting, I've asked nirik to
> > open up an FPC ticket for whether we'll reject that as written as
> > we did in the preliminary look.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove
>
>  Also ... if FESCO passes it as-is ... what would we reject? Just the
> sbin changes? Can we do that?

I'd rather avoid the 'who can override who' discussion. ;)

Speaking for myself (a member of fesco) but not fesco, I would really
like to hear from FPC those parts that they feel are not in Fedora's
best interests. FESCo empowered the FPC to handle those issues, so
IMHO, we should let FPC review and let us know what parts we should
drop from the scope or re-work.

I would hope that FESCo would see those concerns and ask the feature
owners to adjust their feature to match.

kevin