[Fedora-packaging] Package review SIG dead?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Oct 13 07:10:08 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 06:41 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

>> AG>  I don't think there's any need to send email for every review; I
>> AG>  wouldn't want that on any list.
>>
>> Well, actually, all of that traffic is already on a list (the
>> package-review list).  I subscribe and there were times when I actually
>> read all of the traffic there.
>>
>> Anyway, I've gone back and forth about using this list or -devel.  I'd
>> hate to have "yet another list (TM)" but I'd hate to annoy anyone (and
>> trying to do things in -devel is mostly pointless).
>>
>> So maybe start here and move to a separate list of the volume becomes
>> too high?
>>
> +1. I've not yet summoned the time to participate in the Package Review SIG
> and I don't see a  problem with sharing this list for now.  Likely, the
> questions that arise around package review would end up on this list anyhow.

IMO, this list should remain restricted to resolving packaging
principles and to resolving corner-cases/precedences (An "expert list")

At least I do not want to this list to become a newbie forum nor "yet
another source" of review spam. You might not want to hear this, but to
me personally, the chatter and the bureaucrazy's (typo intended) noise
on package-review@ already is beyond "being bearable".

Ralf