[Fedora-packaging] Problems using mock on Fedora 15

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Tue Oct 18 12:25:49 UTC 2011

I am having trouble using mock on Fedora 15 and am not sure what the
problem is. Here are the error messages I am getting:

     [bradbell at brad-home cppad]$ fedpkg mockbuild
     warning: Could not canonicalize hostname: brad-home.localdomain
     Wrote: /home/bradbell/fedpkg/cppad/cppad-20110101.5-1.fc17.src.rpm
     ERROR: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! ([])
     ... snip ...

     [bradbell at brad-home cppad]$ mock --version
     ERROR: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! ([])

     [bradbell at brad-home cppad]$ groups
     mock