[Fedora-packaging] find: /var/tmp/pcore-0.1-Beta-root: No such file or directory

Kamal Ahmed kamal2222ahmed at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 17:12:14 UTC 2012

Michael,

1.

%install
mkdir -p %{name}
mkdir -p %{_bindir}
install -d %{name}

These three don't make sense. Read on...

- Yes, they do not make sense, i as just experimenting. my intention was to use the %install section, to create

directories like /usr/bin in "temp"/build area to be able to copy the executables there later on.
Especially since the makefile does NOT have "install" section

2. What is -dd? Perhaps just a type mistake and you meant -bb. Correct?
yes its a typo, i meant -bb

3. One which platform did you do this build attempt?
CentOs 32 bit 5.8

Since that IS the target platform, and as far as i understand rpmbuild has to run ON the target platform.

4. i made some progress..

here is an updated pcore.spec

Source: pcore-0.1.tar.gz
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}
BuildRequires: gcc = 4.1.2
BuildRequires: make >= 3.81
BuildRequires: postgresql84-devel = 8.4.9

%description
ElementalCORE

%prep
%setup -qn pcore

%build
%{__make}

%install
mkdir -p %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}
mkdir -p %{name}
mkdir -p %{_bindir}
install -d %{name}

%clean

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc NEWS

and i WAS able to get an rpm build with NEWS in the folderĀ
/usr/share/doc/pcore-0.1/NEWS

Now i want to copy /pcore/obj/ggsnc/ggsnc to /usr/bin/
How?
I have NO idea

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks,