[Fedora-packaging] How do Packaging

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Apr 16 20:25:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:04:31 +0530
Srineth Priyanka <srineth.priyanka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to do limesurvey rpm packaging, I don't understand how do
> I fill BuildRequires and Requies in spec file?

It's somewhat of a process of trial and error.

Try and build it without any BuildRequires, see what doesn't work,
figure out what it's looking for and add that, then repeat.

You can also look at the docs and see if there's a requirements section
listing out things you need to have.

With limesurvey we will need to make sure it's using system/packaged
versions of things instead of any bundled versions. I'm trying to track
down the last spec of the folks who were working on it a while back,
but things might also have changed since the version they were working
on.

kevin