[Fedora-packaging] Creating a "super rpm" that installs other rpms

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 10:07:46 UTC 2012

On 12/18/2012 02:39 AM, Fred White wrote:
> I'm creating a "super rpm" which in turn installs other rpms, and
> executes a script and performs non-interactive installation (using
> expect). These are application specific RPMs and are currently not
> available in our rhn/spacewalk channels. These RPMs needs to be
> installed in a specific order and some of them also needs to be

Just create rpm which just contains script:
   your-product-configure
and do all that work there. Do not try to do that in %install.
And in that script do all that "spacewalk-channel --add" and you can
even be interactive there if you want to (you could not be interactive
in %install).

> installed with nodeps (rpm -i --nodeps),

nodeps in production is highway to hell.

Of course such package could not get into Fedora until you get there all
dependecies, but I have feeling, that this is not your goal.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering