[Fedora-packaging] purpose of ruby(abi), python(abi), etc

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:32:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:34:52AM -0500, David Malcolm wrote:

> Both of these binary formats are guaranteed to be consistent within a
> minor release (such as "2.7" or "3.3").  They don't change with the
> microrelease (2.7.3) or with the rpm version ("2.7-1").

Does python make any promises about other changes within a minor release?
For instance, changes to the language itself or changes to the stdlib API?
I know that I've seen changes rejected for a minor release series upstream
because they introduced those types of changes but I'm not sure how strict
that is and what it covers?