[Fedora-packaging] Unpackaged optional dependencies

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:56:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Brennan Ashton
<bashton at brennanashton.com>wrote:

> On a related note if a few other people wanted to help I would like to get
> ROS packaged correctly for fedora as I use it for a few different projects.
>
> Thanks,
> Brennan Ashton

As noted in the OP, there was some preliminary discussion at
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/robotics/2011/000529.html but
nothing ever came of it to my knowledge.  There is indeed some interest to
see ROS in Fedora's repositories, but nobody is spearheading the effort. If
you'd like to continue the discussion on the robotics list we can try to
coordinate and get things started there.

Rich