[Fedora-packaging] Questions about feature "Systemd unit cleanup and enhancement"

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:24:14 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the new feature just approved,
in particular regarding the "scope" section:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Systemd-unit-cleanup#Scope

1) Change PIDFile=/var/run/foo fields to point to PIDFile=/run/foo instead

Is there a rpm macro for the "/run" directory? I was using
"--with-pid-dir=%{_localstatedir}/run" in a SPEC file for %configure.
Maybe there's something similar already declared into the expansion of
%configure for Fedora 18?

What should I do if the pid directory is specified into the
configuration file of the daemon I'm mantaining?
Can the user still run with its own config upon successful upgrade to Fedora 18?

2) Remove various entries in units which are no longer necessary since
they are systemd defaults for unit simplification

Where can I get such list? (Git, wiki pages, man pages)

Thanks & regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose
sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).