[Fedora-packaging] Request for exception: seabios-bin on ppc64

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 11:48:50 UTC 2012

Il 17/10/2012 11:59, Richard W.M. Jones ha scritto:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:52:30AM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Il 17/10/2012 11:27, Richard W.M. Jones ha scritto:
>>> OK, although the new version of iasl is also a lot more sane
>>> (in terms of build system, lack of gross C errors) than the
>>> old version.
>>>
>>> Maybe the Debian patch can be applied to the new version instead?
>>
>> I can look into it for Rawhide, but in the meanwhile I think it is
>> simpler to just revert the upgrade.  Can you double-check whether it
>> requires an epoch bump?
>
> Definitely it would, unless we ignore existing Rawhide users.

Forward-porting the patches was a bit tedious, but doable, so now we
have a big-endian-friendly iasl in F18 and the one in F19 is on its way.

I am a package maintainer for SeaBIOS, so I already pushed to distgit
the spec changes that enable cross-compilation.

So things should be set... Karsten, feel free to bump the seabios
release if needed to force a recompilation on PPC (also it will require
a iasl build-override, but I don't need to tell you about that :).

The request for exception can be retired, I guess.

Paolo