[Fedora-packaging] php/php53 application packaging

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:49:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 11:31:40 +0200, indent man wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm packaging a PHP application under CentOS 5.
> It depends on some other php libraries, but should work with both php (5.1)
> and php53.
> But when I try to install the application RPM, yum mixes both php and php53
> libraries.
>
> What is the best way to prevent this ?

Make the dependencies more specific.

Add dependencies on package names and/or specific versions. Use RPM to
examine the package's current "Requires" (both the automatically added
ones as well as manually added ones) and the PHP package's "Provides".

If multiple packages provide the same thing, Yum assumes that either one
can be used to resolve a dependency.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.5.3-1.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.34 0.50 0.22