[Fedora-packaging] php/php53 application packaging

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Fri Sep 7 13:43:42 UTC 2012

Le 07/09/2012 12:37, indent man a écrit :

> My app also needs json.
> The official centos php53-common package "provides" php-pecl-json
> (1.2.1), but php-common does not.
> So, and since I can't use EPEL, I need to provide my own php-pecl-json
> package, with version 1.2.1, and a dependency on php < 5.2.

No, it should only requires correct ABI which is php(abi)

> And to make myapp depend on php-pecl-json.
> Then, when I try to yum install myapp (not myapp-php53), it tries to
> install php53-common, because it is a valid provider of php-pecl-json.

php-pecl-json is a better provider (name match) than php53-common
(virtual provides)

I full yum output should be interesting.