[Fedora-packaging] Using upstream unusual package name

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 07:30:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:42:23PM +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> --- On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Truong Anh. Tuan
> <tuanta at iwayvietnam.com> wrote:
> | Please read Naming Guidelines [1] carefully.
> | As you see, "star" (*) character is not allowed in Fedora package name.
> \--
>
> I had referred to:
>
>   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/brainfuck

Ah... so you're actually refering to the obscenity in the package name?
That's a good question.  We generally want to keep things "family friendly"
but in this case both the program and the programming language it implements
have that name.  I'd lean towards allowing it but you might want to open
a ticket here and the full FPC can consider it:

https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/newticket

(You'll need to log in to open the ticket.  We meet on Wednesdays so if you
can open it ASAp we'll be able to look at it then.)