[Fedora-packaging] Problem when packaging Google's product

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Apr 10 09:25:47 UTC 2013

On 04/10/2013 11:51 AM, Christopher Meng wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
> <mailto:sanjay.ankur at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 11:27 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
>     > I'm planning packaging mod_spdy for Fedora but how can I fill
>     the URL
>     > field?
>
>     http://code.google.com/p/mod-spdy/
>
>     ?
>
>     What's the problem here?
>

> Well, how to write the tarball URL?
Follow the section "1. Get the code" from
http://code.google.com/p/mod-spdy/wiki/GettingStarted , create a local
tarball (which you should use and include as "source=tarball" instead of
"source=http://.../tarball ).
Do not forget to add in the spec as a comment the content of the above
mentioned paragraph (or a similar explanation of the way the tarball was
obtained ) + the date when you downloaded the source