[Fedora-packaging] Could and how we use jpackage repository to packaging?

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 09:44:39 UTC 2013

Quoting Chen, Wei D (2013-04-12 11:01:50)
> Hi,
>
> Our project is working on package our source code to follow redhat package standard, we want the rpm package we built could be accepted by fedora repository. One critical issue we found is some dependent binary (such as jaxws-tools.jar, jaxws-rt.jar and streambuffer.jar) cannot find relevant rpm package from fedora18 repository. Our source code cannot be built successfully without these binary, something weird is, we can find these jar binary from JPackage repository, and located in "glassfish-jaxws-repolib-2.1.3-8.jpp6.noarch.rpm" or " glassfish-jaxws-2.1.3-8.jpp6.noarch.rpm". So, my question is can we use JPackage repository in our rpm building process? How to use? Does this violate package standard? Why glassfish-jaxws related rpm package has been removed from fedora official repository? Is there any substitute solution? Great thanks for any of your suggestion.

For the record, I've replied to java-devel[1] ML since this was quite specific

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/java-devel/2013-April/004749.html

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241