[Fedora-packaging] Confirmation on package rename

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 14:05:11 UTC 2013

Hello,

can someone please tell me if I understood correctly the packaging
guidelines regarding packages being retired after a rename [1]?

Upstream has changed between minor releases how the source code is
packaged. Instead of multiple source tarballs there is only one tarball
that is used to generate the same packages as before; so the update is for
all branches.

Should I run "fedpkg retire <explanation>" in each branch that is going to
be obsolete by the new packages AFTER the new packages [2] hit stable,
right?

Thanks, much appreciated.
--Simone

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
[2]
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-13687/guacamole-client-0.8.2-2.fc19,guacamole-server-0.8.2-2.fc19

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/