[Fedora-packaging] Against what package do I file this BZ?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 17:47:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:26:35 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

> > The scripts doing these mass rebuilds ought to be doing something lik:
> >
> >   release = floor(current_release + 1)
> >
> > rather than just bumping by 1.
>
> Filed BZ#993058

Hmm, I had hoped you would agree that the script should not mess with
the release value. It already tries to cover Fedora's Package_Versioning
guidelines, i.e. the 0.x pre-release scheme, for example. So, once you've
fixed the Release in perl-qpid_proton, the script would bump as expected.
The script has bumped thousands of packages before.

On which basis should the script know when to "round up" as you describe?
The number (or whatever else, such as a snapshot date) at the right of the
leading number of %{release} could be anything. It could be the packager's
internal package revision number (e.g. "patch-level").