[Fedora-packaging] Merging freediams into freemedforms

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 05:03:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

I maintain two packages for the fedora-medical SIG that fall under the
"freemedforms[1]" project. At the moment, these are packaged separately:

1. freemedforms[2]: provides freemedforms-emr and pulls in freediams
2. freediams[3]

Now, freemedforms-emr and freediams are both built from the same source,
and use the same internal libraries. Currently, I first build
freemedforms-emr and the common libraries (spec[4]) and then build
freediams (spec[5]), pointing to these libraries.

Recently, with the 0.9.0-beta1 release, upstream sent me a new spec and
suggested I use one spec to build both freedmedforms and freediams, and
provide freediams as a subpackage.

I've built freemedforms already, and I'm in the process of updating
freediams now.

I think it's a good idea, since they'll always move hand in hand. The
build process will be simpler, and so will maintaining the package and
updates.

What do you folks think? Should I go ahead and retire(obsolete)
freediams and provide it as a subpackage in freemedforms? I don't see
any issues with this, but wanted to consult you folks to be sure before
I go ahead and make the changes.

[1] http://freemedforms.com/en/start
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/freemedforms
[3] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/freediams