[Fedora-packaging] Proposal for Python guidelines change (in connection to Python 3 switch)

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 10:51:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,
as you probably know, the "Python 3 as a Default" [1] change has been accepted by FESCo and is currently targeted for F22.
As a part of that Change, I also wrote that we should rethink some aspects of Python packaging in Fedora. I have put together a proposal that summarizes the current state and proposes a new approach to Python packaging [2]
Before I propose it to FPC, I'd like to discuss it and work on it here on lists and incorporate everybody's notes/suggestions.
So thanks for reading this through and sending your comments.

Slavek.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.