[Fedora-packaging] problem with separate doc packages

pavel at zhukoff.net pavel at zhukoff.net
Wed Dec 18 22:50:19 UTC 2013

Quoting Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:14:42 +0100, pavel at zhukoff.net wrote:
>
>> Hi packagers,
>>
>> If you have package with separate -doc subpackage and the subpackage
>> contains files
>> from %{buildroot} (compiled documentation or so on) you're probably
>> interesting in.
>> For some reasons (I *think* it is a regression after last switching to
>> unversioned docs)
>> rpm packages doc directory twice without any reasons (and does it even
>> if main package doesn't contain any references to
>> %doc or %{_docdir} at all!)
>
> See:  https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/338
Thank you for the link. from the case:
>>> With the unversioned docdir in Fedora 20, the %doc line will
>>> include the full %{_docdir}/%{name} tree in the base package,
>>> regardless of which local doc files are specified in that line.

BUT:

SPEC:
%files
%dir %{_libdir}/%{name}
%dir %{_libdir}/%{name}/relocatable
%{_libdir}/lib%{name}*.so.%{version}
%{_libdir}/%{name}/relocatable/lib%{name}*.so.%{version}

and result:
rpm -qpl RPMS/x86_64/aws-3.1.0-3.fc20.x86_64.rpm  | grep share/doc | wc -l
94