[Fedora-packaging] Eclipse PTP build/packaging issue

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Jan 31 18:01:46 UTC 2013

I'm currently the packager for eclipse-ptp.  It has a feature that allows for
remote development.  Some aspects of this (of which I don't quite understand
all of it) require shipping a bundle of eclipse platform jars and stuff over
to the remote system to run there.  The way this is built currently is the
build downloads the prebuilt eclipse code for various platforms to build into
the bundle (since the remote system might be anything).  Obviously this
doesn't fly with Fedora.

I starting looking at perhaps grabbing the built code we already have, but two
issues:
- I never quite got this working
- It would only have support for the particular platform that the rpm was
built on.

For now I've disabled this feature (and it has been disabled for the life of
the package in Fedora).  But I'm wondering if there is any possibility of
getting this to work somehow in Fedora.  Thoughts?

I've posted to both the packaging list and the java list in the hopes of
getting the different perspectives.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com