[Fedora-packaging] How to deal with the porn part of a package?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:34:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 14:06 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> upstream releases new version everyday or even a few hours...

Have you asked upstream why this is? As far as I know, youtube keeps
changing it's system and youtube-dl is updated to keep up with these
changes. I'm not sure though. Your best bet is to converse with upstream
and ask them to somehow let you know when a release is worth pushing as
an update.

We try to stay as close to upstream as possible. Some communication with
upstream will be beneficial here :)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects
--
Thanks,